Friday, January 18, 2013

Game Over

When I woke up this morning, I could not leave early in the morning before she woke up. She's too cute not to hug and kiss and cuddle in the morning. So while I was getting dressed I asked her why she said what she said the day before. Luckily, she is not the type to shy away from any topic and she likes to voice her opinion. It all stemmed from the day before when I raised my voice with her papa. She said she does not like it when I don't speak to him in a nice way. Plain and simple. When it comes to her well-being, I get very passionate about the situation and let my emotions take control. We had a teeny bit of a situation with the sitter and when he told me he did not want to get in the middle of it - I guess I did raise my voice just a tad. This has been a problem in the past and I feel as though I have gotten better about controlling my temper but sometimes it just gets the best of me, especially when its about my little girl. Now time and time again, she is the one to shed light unto my behavior. And yes, it hurts when she confronts me about it but she does it in such a positive way that makes me wonder...whom is teaching whom here... lesson learned. 4yr old - 1. 30yr old - 0. game over. They say you get wiser with age but I think it's the complete opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment